Friday 31 May 2013

Introductions

Here it is, my first blog post. I suppose I should introduce myself. I am a 19 year old student from Rutland, which is the smallest county in England incase you didn't know - lots of people don't! I am currently studying English Literature and Spanish at Edinburgh University. 



Here's a picture of me.

I have always had innumerable hobbies, writing being one of them, and so thought that there was no better way than blogging to record and share everything I get up to. I also have a Siamese fighter fish named Bruce. 



Here's a picture of Bruce, (he looks even better in the flesh).

I am starting this blog with the particular dream of becoming a travel writer as a future career. I plan on creating a separate blog, or particular tag dedicated to exploration and travel, and this is my starting point. I had large travel plans for this summer, having organised and booked a backpacking trip around Andalucía, Spain, practicing the language, tasting the food, seeing the city sights as well as relaxing at a country youth hostel, with access to mountains in which to hike and rivers to canoe. 

However, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with Glandular Fever, I know what you're all thinking, but it's not like that, apparently it's very common and almost all adults have already had it in some form. Anyway, due to the long recovery time for the virus, I had to cancel my trip. I'm praying that insurance will cover the flights and the few bits I had already booked, a student budget can't cater for un-lived trips! While I feel terrible for letting down the friend with whom I planned trip, I am also pretty put out because this has put a limit to the travel blogging I can do. Therefore the travel blogging, at the moment, will have to be restricted to short trips, plans for the future and big dreams.

On this blog you might find anything from craft projects I've been making (because I'm almost housebound there's a very particular one coming up), recipes, photography, drawings, explorations and general musings on a variety of topics, I'll see where blogging takes me! I already write album reviews for online music magazine For Folk's Sake, so expect to see some ramblings about music, as well as loving the cinema, so maybe some film reviews and general student life, really. Now, I think that's sufficient introduction, it's time to get blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading more Amelia. You write very well.

    ReplyDelete